Engaging Extraverted SensationMay 30th, 2012
After The Battle Continues……Winning the War Within workshop I’ve received several requests about how to engage each of the function-attitudes, so I’ve decided to focus the exercises on one function-attitude at a time for several months. Every other week starting this week, I’ll be providing some questions that one can use to engage a different function-attitude.
Let’s start with Extraverted Sensation (Se).
We use Extraverted Sensation to become aware of what is happening in our physical environment in the moment; to identify the many things that are happening, what is most exciting or provides the strongest attraction.
Here are some questions that demand the use of Extraverted Sensation:
· What is happening around you right now?
· What sounds can you hear at the moment?
· How many different places can you feel your clothing touch you?
· Can you feel the change in your body temperature as you place a hand on different parts of your body?
· What do your customers want from you right now?
· What non-verbal messages are being sent to you by those you are talking with?
· What non-verbal messages are you sending as you speak?
What other questions might one ask that would require the use of Extraverted Sensation? >>>Post your comments here.