Teaching Type to Techies:
How to Use Type Successfully with a High-Tech Audience
2-part webinar: Sept. 30 & Oct. 7
1:00-2:30 pm EDT, 10:00-11:30 am PDT
Maximum participants: 40
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to learn to use type tools with the Information Technology (IT) and high-tech community, especially including:
• Type practitioners
• Human Resources professionals
What you’ll learn
• The type spread of IT and high-tech audiences, both from
published sources and this practitioner’s extensive client data
• How to adjust your approach to a high-tech audience.
• How to tailor common type exercises to a high-tech audience.
• Which specific teaching points from type theory, 8-function
theory, and temperament theory are most effective with this
• Two 90-minute web presentations one week apart
• In-between the two web presentations, a week of online
interaction with instructor and participants guided by
exploratory questions and exercises (called ‘the forum’),
followed by four weeks of online access to the forum.
• Knowledge of Jungian personality type (16 types)
• Acquaintance with the 8 Jungian functions – Fe, Fi, etc.
(View support material)
Carol A. Linden has spent over 20 years in the software
industry, both as a technical writing manager and as an internal organization development consultant at a $2.15 billion global software company headquartered in North Carolina. Between 2004 and 2008, she trained over 850 clients in all, 325 in 2008 alone. She also conducts advanced workshops on topics such as conflict resolution, communications, and the type mix of a specific team.
Linden was qualified in MBTI® in 2001 and certified in 2005. She is Certified in Coaching by CTI (CPCC), in FIRO Element B and the EQi (by Henry L. Thompson), in SpeedReading People (by Paul Tieger), and in the Interstrength Method (by Linda V. Berens). She also holds certifications in Organizational Development and in Business Coaching from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Currently the program chair for the APTi e-chapter, Linden chaired the APTi conference in Baltimore in 2007. In 2009, she presented a paper on this topic at the APTi conference in Dallas, where it was well-attended and subsequently requested by two local APTi chapters.
How to register
• Choose a date below, and click on the link provided.
• You will be taken to a new page, where you can click on
"Add to Cart."
• If you have questions or would prefer to register by phone,
please call us at 800-456-6284 between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm
Eastern Time. You can also email us at
How to attend
• Prior to the webinar, you will receive a link via email. Test your
computer to make sure it’s compatible. (A Tech Services
number is included if you need help.)
• On the day of the webinar, you will receive a reminder email
that includes the same link.
• 15 minutes before the webinar begins, click on the link sent to
• Follow the instructions that ‘pop up’ before you.
• Ensure that the volume on your computer speakers is turned up.
(If you prefer to ask questions vocally, be sure your microphone
is working. If you would rather ask questions by typing them in
the webinar chat box, you may do so.)
• After the first webinar session, we will send you login
information to our online forum. In this forum, you will be
provided with exploratory questions for the purpose of engaging
with the instructors and other participants.